Upon your first visit to Ellis Chiropractic we will strive to make sure that you feel cared for, that we understand your needs and that you feel comfortable asking any questions and stating any concerns to Dr. Ellis and his staff.
Start off with a professional consultation
You will have a consultation with Dr. Ellis to discuss your health concerns. This helps Dr. Ellis know if your condition will respond well to chiropractic care or if he'll refer you to a different doctor. A good consultation will give 80% of the information needed to make an accurate diagnosis. Dr. Ellis will then test for subtle motion abnormalities in the spine and other joints and evaluate possible muscle imbalances. These combined with orthopedic and neurological tests will help to determine the underlying problem, how best to treat it, and how to prevent it from happening again.
Things to know about your first visit
- X-rays are not routinely taken
- Undressing is not required
- Same day service is available
- Dr. Ellis can treat you on your first visit
- Depending on your needs and preferences, Dr. Ellis can use gentle techniques or more aggressive treatments.
- If you are pregnant, you can still be treated
- If you have had a previous spinal surgery, chiropractic may still be able to help you
- Dr. Ellis is very approachable
- If Dr. Ellis determines that yours is not a chiropractic case, he will refer you to the appropriate health care professional.